Sunday 27 March 2011

my guide to being poor

I'm really good at being thrifty. I've spent seventeen years of my life having to look in bargain bins and shopping at drimark (primark knock off) sales to make myself look relatively half normal. There are downsides however, as I usually smell like dust, moth balls and slime and also that people mistake me for being homeless relatively often. I am poor and I'm relatively proud of it. From going to a very middle class school in Highworth I was told that my income and my house (direct quote here "Don't you live in a scavvy estate?) were bad bad things, and by shopping in drimark (occassionally) that I'm a dirty cheapskate. These things have hurt my feelings in the past, but now I'm 18 with a really fabulous coat I am now able to laugh at people who are richer and posher than me because being poor makes me a totally cooler person. or something. I dont know where I'm going with this introduction anymore.



or where I'm going with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment